dangling plot lines?

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

dangling plot lines?

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hello Mr. Davis!

The following was on the Comixfan chat boards. I was wondering if you could shed any light on the subject.

Thanks!

DM Jim

In Excalibur CC and AD hinted that Courtney/Sat-Yr-9 wanted something from Kitty – it was a power-play though and not a mother/daughter thing. She knew that Kitty was the only one no longer displaced in time and therefore she wanted to capitalize on that for her own gain.

Another poster:

It was more than that. Claremont has mentioned in various threads how he and Alan had a special connection building up between Courtney and Kitty, and we saw the recurring theme with them in their alternate selves during the Cross Time Caper -- first with Courtney as the dowager Queen of that universe and Kate Pryde her chosen successor and intended bride for Prince Billy.

Also Chris and Alan were also giving deliberate visual clues, like when Kitty drove away with Courtney in the jaguar and we see them side by side looking like mirror images, only Kitty is younger with brown hair.

Then, after Excalibur had returned, and Alan is writing the series, Courtney/Satyr9 says that Jamie can have the rest of Excalibur save for Brian and Kitty. Brian she wants as a paramour, and Kitty... well she has special plans for Kitty.

Courtney has always been quite keen on Kitty. But then it seems a theme for the White Queens of the Hellfire Club to have a fascination with our Miss Pryde.
j1jes

Post by j1jes »

I noticed and wondered about it too. I always figured it was becasue she had so much potential with her inteligence, character, will power, and her mutant abilities have great potential. Many people/groups have been after her and/or had difficulty obtaining her. The Hellfire Club, White Queen, your Excalibur issues/examples, the Neo, just to name a few.

Wonder if there was something more?
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I hope I'm not going to disappoint you Jim but although I knew Chris had some plan for Sat Yr 9 to corrupt Kitty and that the various Cross time versions of Saturnyne were attracted to Kitty, I had no idea what, if any, the goal of this relationship was to be. I just played it as a lesbian affair. Kitty the innocent victim of a wicked woman-- I thought all of scheming was just a ruse to keep Kitty interested.
I mean, the Hellfire Club isn't really into world domination thats just a ploy to get the women to dress up as dominatrix... Isn't it?

Alan
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

LOL!

Thanks for the answer. No disappointment here. Chris has so many dangling plotlines I'm sure a whole set of encyclopedias would be needed to reference and clarify everything that hasn't been printed. :lol:

Jim
JackalsIII

Post by JackalsIII »

When I was reading every issue of Excalibur a month or so ago, I noticed how that connection never really was paid off but I did like seeing the two characters together.